Saturday, August 31, 2013

I'm Just so Jazzed!

What am I jazzed about, you ask? Jesus Lifehouse Church Tokyo! I am continually blessed by this church each week, I just had to give it a proper blog shout-out.

I have to thank my amazing Mom and her internet sleuthing that found this church for me. I'm so glad she did! I first went to Jesus Lifehouse's Wednesday night service because I couldn't wait until Sunday to try it out. I arrived a bit late, sometimes it's tricky to find places the first time... When I walked into the room, heard the music, and saw a big group of people passionately worshiping the Lord, I nearly cried I was so happy. Ever since, Jesus Lifehouse has been a place where I am refreshed and filled.

The church is completely bilingual, so they do everything in Japanese and in English. This took a little bit of getting used to. You gotta pay attention! But I have grown to really enjoy it. I especially enjoy the bilingual worship songs. Parts of the songs are in English and parts are in Japanese. And for the Japanese parts, the words are romanized so us foreigners can attempt to sing along. This was a bit intimidating at first, but it is an amazing way to worship God. There is a lot of energy and passion at this church, you can't help but sing and dance and praise the Lord! Here's one of the songs we sing pretty often. Check it out here. Imagine singing along to this in both Japanese and English, it's awesome!!

I spent my Saturday at a BBQ hangout with a bunch of people from the church. First of all, I have to say that Japanese BBQ is nothing like a typical BBQ in the U.S. They barbecue noodles for goodness sake! But like most of the food in Japan, BBQ here is also delicious. Anyway, it was an amazing day of meeting new people and having fun in the sun. People from all over the world attend this church and I so enjoy the opportunity I have to learn from them and fellowship with them.

I am so thankful that I get to be a part of the Jesus Lifehouse community, if only for a short time. This church has a huge heart for Japan and each week people come to know the Lord as their Savior. It is amazing to see. I look forward to all that God has in store for this church in the coming years!

Ok, I can't resist. Check out another great song!

1 comment:

  1. mmmmk, Alive is one of my favorite songs from Hillsong! Young and Free sang it a few times at Colour. It is so full of life. I loved reading this post. And am again, so thankful for the restoration God has been doing in your life. Your heart sounds so full! Miss you Han. Wish I could drive over to your house right now, snuggle up in a blanket with you, and watch a cheesy rom-com.

    ReplyDelete