Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Hey! I Don't Know About You, but I'm Feelin'...23

Taylor Swift really needs to come up with a song about being 23. I was at a loss on what song I should have been blasting yesterday ... I'm considering taking matters into my own hands at this point...

Anyway, this may not be the most exciting of posts, but I'm writing it partially so that I will remember the birthday I celebrated in Jordan and partially so that all of you know that I had a LOVELY day! Mostly, I splurged on delicious food. I had to make up for the fact that my parents couldn't exactly send an edible arrangement like the last few years.

So, the festivities actually started the night before my birthday! My roommate and I went to the Wild Jordan Cafe for dinner. It was on the list of 99 Things To Do in Amman, so we figured we would check it out! This was the view from our table.


Couldn't get enough of it. We will definitely be frequenting this place more often. I splurged on their special caramel cappuccino, dinner, and dessert. So fun!!




The next morning, after a FaceTime call with my mom (so thankful for technology!), I set out for my favorite cafe. I treated myself to an expensive coffee, spent some time with Jesus, and got some work done. So relaxing! 


I got a falafel sandwich for lunch and enjoyed it with this view. It was a BEAUTIFUL day!!


Oh and I couldn't pass up ice cream near the Rainbow St. stairs.


I bought myself a birthday scarf before catching a taxi back to my apartment. Which brings me to an interesting story. I got in the taxi and told the driver where I wanted to go, to which he responded, "Do you remember me?" Uhhhh, I meet a lot of taxi drivers... then he said that he was the one who took me to the bus station on my way to Madaba! And it all came back. He was the one who wanted to know where I was from, how old I was, whether or not I was married or had a boyfriend... Well, this time he informed me that he really likes California, that he would like to see me everyday, and that when I go back to America he would like to take me to the airport. Let's just say I had him drop me off at the grocery store down the street so that he doesn't know where I actually live...

I spent the rest of the afternoon with my dear friends at Nour Al Barakah before a late dinner at home with my roommate. I splurged one last time and picked up some desserts from the sweets shop down the road. It has taken A LOT of self-control to refrain from buying something from this shop until now. The name of the shop is Vanilla & Caramel for crying out loud! How could I resist!?


And just when I thought my wonderful day couldn't get any better... You've Got Mail was on the English movie channel we discovered a couple weeks ago!! For those of you don't know, I am not ashamed to admit that this is my all time favorite movie. It helped me get through a rough patch in Japan and I couldn't believe the coincidence of it playing ON MY BIRTHDAY! It was perfect.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Life is good in Jordan and this was a birthday I won't forget.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a wonderful day Hannah!!! Talk about eating you way around the world.... ;)
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I'm glad you enjoyed King's Academy -- and I had tried to post earlier to suggest Wild Jordan but for some reason the post didn't stick. You might also enjoy (for something completely different) the Dar Al Anda and Darat Al Funun galleries -- modern art and beautiful settings. One of them (I think Darat Al Funun) is also an arts center that works with youths (although not disabled youths, I don't think). But they are well worth the trip. Are you going to get to Petra? Email me if you need contacts for a tour guide or company. Best, Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ask me why I typed "youths" -- I think I've been watching gangster movies too much these days. EWD

    ReplyDelete